Aruba AP-505 (RW) Unified AP, 802.11ax AP with 2x2:2 MU-MIMO, dual-radio R2H28A
R2H28A is a cost-effective Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) for medium-density indoor environments. These affordable Wi-Fi 6 access points provide high‑performance connectivity for any organization experiencing growing numbers of mobile, IoT, and mobility requirements. With a maximum real-world aggregate data rate of 1.49 Gbps (HE80/HE20), they deliver the speed and reliability needed for venues and workplaces such as schools, midsize offices, and retailers.
- 1.49 Gbps maximum real-world speed (HE80/HE20)
- WPA3 and Enhanced Open security
- Built-in technology that resolves sticky client issues for Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 5 devices
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO for enhanced multi-user efficiency
- IoT-ready Bluetooth 5 and Zigbee support
The 500 Series APs are also designed to optimize the user experience by maximizing Wi-Fi efficiency and dramatically
reducing airtime contention between clients. Features include Orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA), multi-user MIMO, and cellular optimization. With up to 2 spatial streams (2SS) and 80MHz channel bandwidth (HE80), the 500 Series provides groundbreaking wireless capabilities for budget-conscious deployments.
Advantages of OFDMA
This capability allows Aruba’s APs to handle multiple Wi-Fi 6 capable clients on each channel simultaneously, regardless of device or traffic type. Channel utilization is optimized by handling each transaction via smaller sub-carriers or resource units (RUs), which means that clients are sharing a channel and not competing for airtime and bandwidth.
- Aruba Air Slice for Extended Application Assurance
- Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
- Wi-Fi 6 and MU-MIMO aware client optimization
- Aruba Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM)
- Green AP energy efficiency
ARUBA SECURE INFRASTRUCTURE
The Aruba 500 Series includes components of Aruba’s 360 Secure Fabric to help protect user authentication and wireless traffic. Select capabilities include:
- WPA3 and Enhanced Open
- VPN Tunnels
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)